Terms, Conditions and Disclaimers for Posting Material on the Social Media Pages of The Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service (SNBTS).
By viewing and/or posting on SNBTS' social media pages, you agree that any and all liability arising from your use of SNBTS' social media pages is your sole responsibility. SNBTS expressly disclaims any liability for any damage, loss, injury, liability, costs or expense whatsoever that may arise from relying upon or using information contained in any postings whatsoever on its social media pages, including, but not limited to, any errors, omissions or misrepresentations. SNBTS does not endorse any view expressed, nor does SNBTS have any control over what is posted on its social media pages. SNBTS does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of postings appearing on its social media pages. You agree that your use of information appearing on SNBTS' social media pages is at your own risk, including any reliance on the exactness, completeness, or usefulness of the information.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site. You agree that all of the material you post on SNBTS' social media pages will comply with the terms and conditions of the social media site which is being accessed, and amongst other things you agree that you will not use SNBTS' social media pages to post material that:
- Bullies, intimidates, or harasses any user.
- Is hateful, threatening, pornographic, incites violence, contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Is unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
- Infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SNBTS does not routinely review the content or the accuracy of material posted on its social media pages, however:
- You acknowledge that SNBTS may remove any material from its social media pages that it considers in its sole discretion breaches the terms and conditions of the social media site which is being accessed. You acknowledge that such material may be removed without notice.
- You also acknowledge that SNBTS may ban any user from accessing its social media pages if it considers, in its sole discretion, and without notice, that any material posted by that user breaches the terms and conditions of the social media site which is being accessed. You acknowledge that any such user may be banned without notice.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative
- and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary. We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate. If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact Jennifer Wilson, Head of Donor Marketing, on 0131 275 7709.