Major building works for the new Integrated Mortuary mean that access to Aberdeen Blood Donor Centre via the normal Foresterhill loop road will be restricted.
Construction has started on the new £30m mortuary facility for the North East and Northern Isles being built on the Foresterhill Health Campus.
Work is due to begin at 9am on Friday 4th August until 6pm Monday 7th August. During this time, the Foresterhill loop access road will be closed to both vehicles and pedestrians.
What does this mean for donors?
- Aberdeen Blood Donor Centre will remain open during this period
- Donors will not be able to use the Foresterhill loop road
- Donors are still welcome to use the Aberdeen Blood Donor Centre car park. This can be done by entering Foresterhill Health Campus via Westburn Road
- Donors are also able to park in the Lady Helen multi-story car park opposite Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. This can be done by entering Foresterhill Health Campus via Ashgrove Road West
- Donors should allow extra time for their journey
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.