Blood donor sessions in the North of Scotland are now run by appointment.
Why book an appointment?
- Booking an appointment to give blood means you’re helping Scotland’s patients when they need it most.
- At busy sessions, we may have to turn away those who do not have an appointment.
How you’re helping
Giving blood by appointment helps us help patients better. That’s because when you book an appointment, we know we can rely on your blood type on that date, making it easier for us to regulate blood stocks. That way, we know there will always be enough for patients’ needs.
When booking your appointment
- There are appointments every 10 minutes, so you can choose the time that suits you.
- Simply come at your appointment time, no need to arrive early.
- There may be times that we have enough of your blood type in stock. If that’s the case, we’ll ask you to make an appointment for a future date.
- If you later realise you can't make your appointment, contact us as soon as possible so we can make sure somebody else can use it.
Our leaflet, 'Make an appointment to save a life' includes all information, plus space for you to add details of your next appointment.
- To book your lifesaving appointment, call 0345 30 17 2 70, email@example.com, or use our online form.